Solar Panel cleaning is essential to achieve the maximum output of a solar electric system.
Pollution, traffic dust, leaves and even bird droppings contribute to preventing sunlight reaching the solar cells in your solar panels.
The financial impact of a clean solar panel is immediate as more power is produced allowing direct savings to the owner. During key times of the year, when solar systems generate the most power cleaning maintenance is especially important.
Experts agree that that dirty solar panels may contribute to up to 30% loss of solar yield.
Regular cleaning is also necessary to the life expectancy of solar panels.
Our system uses the same process for window cleaning, utilizing 100% purified water.
Why Maintaining Clean Solar Panels Matters?
- Sparkling clean solar panels enable the unimpeded collection of solar rays (technically “photons”). Solar systems then convert light from the sun into electrical energy.
- Solar panels need to collect photons efficiently in order to function cost-effectively.
- Panels blighted by a thick layer of visible grime or peppered with bird droppings are extremely inefficient, not to mention, an eyesore.
- Research has proven that your solar system will generate 25 to 35% more energy when panels are maintained in top clean condition.
The Advantages of Using a Professional Cleaning Service
- Sparkling clean solar panels contribute to the beauty of a home or professionalism of a business. Regular cleaning results in clean and clear solar panels meaning more light is absorbed through panels increasing power generation
- The ability of an individual or business owner to perform panel cleaning efficiently will vary based upon rooftop cleaning experience, physical condition, health & safety concerns, and available tools. Not surprisingly, many property owners prefer to delegate this cleaning project to the trained cleaning teams.
- Solar panel cleaning specialized services like High Clean Windows offer some distinct advantages. We have experienced cleaning personnel. that have been trained in recommended cleaning techniques.
- In addition, we have the specific cleaning supplies and tools required to complete a panel cleaning project efficiently and cost-effectively.
Solar panels and Renewable Energy
Today in the Gauteng Region solar panels supply an increasingly vital source of renewable energy. According to the South African Department of Energy, “Most areas in South Africa average more than 2 500 hours of sunshine per year, with an average solar-radiation level range of between 4.5 and 6.5kWh/m2per day.”
Unstable electricity supply coupled with the solar revolution means households and businesses across the area can now appreciate the benefits of solar energy.
Utilizing clean rooftop solar collection systems results in reliable electricity supply and significant energy bill savings.